Cabin Project

Grandma and Grandpa Wood are putting aluminum siding on the cabin in Island Park this year so we headed up for a weekend to help them get it ready.

Here is Stanley trimming the dead branches from some trees around the cabin.



Here is David helping us pull this corner of the roof lower so that it was level with the rest.



Here is Adam getting ready to snap a chalk line on the scalloped trim so that we could "trim" it off. We were all a little bummed about losing the alpine look.



Here is Josh looking like a mad scientist carpenter.



Here are the kids enjoying wild strawberry milkshakes.... Well most of them are enjoying them. I'll bet you can figure out who isn't.



On Sunday we took a drive up Sawtell and walked through some wild flower meadows. We thought it would be a good chance to get a family picture.



We also got a picture of four generations of Wood men... in the woods.



It was a really nice weekend. I'm glad we could help with the work on the cabin and the kids had a lot of fun playing with cousins.

1 comments:

How fun! We wish we could have been there. Gee, I'm not quite sure who didn't like those shakes ;) What's wrong with that kid!?! That sounds totally delicious! Also, I LOVED that 4 generation picture. I thought it funny to look left to right and check out how the further right you go, the more hair there is. Make sense?
~Jessica

August 22, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home